mercoledì 8 luglio 2015

A WHITE SPACE

This is something that happened to Tiziano, a friend of mine.

It is something that he wanted to share publicly and for this reason I am grateful, and also, because this is really worthwhileand concerns everybody.


"Now that some time has passed, I can tell the story. Yesterday morning my 10 year old son Ale and I were going to Lisanza for a sailing course. Just before we arrived at our destination, a FiatPunto suddenly slammed on its brakes in front of us. I tried to avoid it by moving over, but the driver just opened the door andI quickly braked my carI honked but it seemed like he hadn’t seen me. Then he shouted and swore at me. Exercising self-control because my son was with me, I asked: “Are you crazy”? Then I saw him running towards the closest lawn and putting his hands on his head. I had to make a maneuver to get around himbecause he had blocked traffic. Meanwhile I said something that I did not remember  The woman sitting next to the driver got out of the car and came close to my window and said: "Excuse us, we just got a call that there has been an accident and our daughter is dead.”

barely managed to tell her: "I'm sorry.” I felt worse than I ever had for insulting that poor father."


He adds:


"Moral of the story: I think I'm a person who seeks to justify theactions and words of others even when it is hard. Well, I do not do it enough."


cried after reading this story, I really cried. I wrote back to my friend that I was moved. But it was more than that. I had a feeling like, "Eleonora, come down from the pedestal and look around".

I wanted to write a world of words inspired by this fact, but instead of that I leave a blank space so that each of us can stop in this white space and fill it out with our own reflection andlook around, to see where we want our road to take us. We always need a white space to remind us that we do not do enough.


Eleonora 



Kindly translated by my friend Milca Pessetto. :) 

4 commenti:

  1. Esto me recordó una palabra del Señor en Mateo 12:31 Amarás a prójimo como a ti mismo, gracias por compartir esta historia con nosotros Eleonora

    RispondiElimina
  2. Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.

    RispondiElimina
  3. Esto me recordó una palabra del Señor en Mateo 12:31 Amarás a prójimo como a ti mismo, gracias por compartir esta historia con nosotros Eleonora

    RispondiElimina